Monday, October 20, 2008

I Got Friends in High Places

It's lovely in the city these days... There is no possible way to be in a bad mood during this time of year. Plus, my birthday doth approacheth. What? Really? You want me to put a link to my paypal account so you can drop cash in it for that blissful day? Awwwwe, I don't know. I'll think about it. Okay, you win.

Yesterday, I got to hang out with Brody for a bit as he was in town with Mercy Me. Tour buses are truly amazing things. I went onto Mercy Me's tour bus when I met Brody and met a few of the M.M. gang. Didn't talk to Bart since he was pretty enthralled with the demise of the Cowboys. Afterwards we trekked up to the Empire State building with some guys from the crew and the keyboard player for M.M., who happens to be one heck-of-a nice chap. Yes, the man that makes the Only Imagine piano-magic happen is a down-to-earth funny fella. Evidently he's also a pretty good photographer.

It is always fun to get a free trip (thanks buddy!) to the top of the Apple and see the wonders of modern man. It was slightly impressive that we could see the whole line of M.M. tour buses from the top of the Empire State Building decorating front of Madison Square Garden like the Great Wall of China.

Afterwards, our equally glamorous friend, Forky came by and hung out for the evening. We took turns yelling at the CNN-News/Obama-Spice channel, and relaying stories of what it is like to be a McCain supporter in the Big Obama Apple... Obapple? It was fun and cathartic.

Other than that, I've been trying to get over a nasty little cough and forcing myself to take a break from the news, which is a little like tearing a toddler away from this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes please, Elmo and kiddos are almost inseparable...Glad you were able to meet up with Brody and the guys!

Anonymous said...

Well, something tells me that after November and all the election nonsense we can all get back to doing whatever it is that we were all doing OTHER than watching the news (that is after the initial shock wears off because of who got elected). ;)

I do have to admit, I thought the Obama-Spice Channel reference was incredibly funny – although I think it’s more fitting for MSNBC than CNN (I like Anderson Cooper because he does try to remain neutral most of the time). There’s kind of a hate/hate thing going on with Keith Obermann and McCain.

Popcorn said...

Wow. Mercy Me. Impressive. Lucky you!