Monday, August 28, 2006

Morbid Fixation

I have always had a bit of a morbid fixation. In my younger years when I would hear the symptoms of a new disease or epidemic I was sure that I had it. Thankfully, I am not so bad these days. Every once in a while I will start wondering if my head ache is really just a head ache but most days, I'll just pop a couple of advil and not think twice about it. I have found a good way to overcome any minor psychological disorder is to poke fun at it, to yourself of course. Making fun of someone elses pshycological prob. is pretty much evil and bastardo. I cope with my phobias and fixations sometimes by the "Art Music" I write. I had several other phobias as a child and I wrote a suite for piano called "Nightmares" and it pretty much took care of them. I have a brother-in-law who suffers from a severe axiety disorder. He gets horribly afraid of ... THE MAIL! He is one of the most intelligent people I know but something like the the mail can send him to the edge of looney-cliff. One of the ways that he copes with this disorder is to poke fun of it, or overemphasis the horror of it.

Sometimes, when he knows that the MAILMAN COMMETH and he feels ths anxiety building, he turns on the Ride of the Valkyries by Richard Wagner and dims the lights . "OOOOooo SCARY mailman, gonna bring me something scAAARRRYYYY in the Maillll OOOOOOoooo" When he hears the Mailman outside, he opens the door with a large butcher knife, holds it up. With eyes wide open, looking straight ahead he sings "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" monotone and loud until the Mailman leaves...

Okay so that last knife/Over the Rainbow-bit was a lie, but it was a funny image and I thought i'd tack it on for dramatic purposes. The rest is true however and It seems to do the trick for him sometimes.

I found the site I think can help me with my morbid fixation, should it return. It writes your obituary for you check it out. This was mine. What's yours?




QuizGalaxy!
'What will your obituary say?' at QuizGalaxy.com

15 comments:

Seth Ward said...

Oh, I just tried it again.

"Evilly skullking around the neighborhood, Seth Ward died with a small grimace.

Seth Ward will be terribly missed by the shady guy who runs the toll booth."

Chaotic Hammer said...

Quietly in a modern art museum, Chaotic Hammer died laughing hysterically.

Chaotic Hammer will be terribly missed by Chuck Norris.

Lexie Ward said...

Quickly with one last shriek, Lexie Ward died laughing hysterically.
Lexie will be missed by all of her imaginary friends.

Lexie Ward said...

Okay, here's a new one:

Rampagingly (King Kong style), Lexie Ward died a horrific death.

Lexie Ward will be terribly missed by many a local transsexual prostitute.

I DID NOT MAKE THIS UP!!

Susanne said...

"Finally, after many miserly years, Susanne died after muttering 'Rosebud.'

Susanne will be terribly missed by the Lollipop Kids."

Who are the Lollipop Kids??

Lexie Ward said...

Susanne, the Lollipop Kids were part of Munchkin Land in The Wizard of Oz. Remember that song, "We represent the Lollipop Kids, the Lollipop Kids, and in the name of the Lollipop Kiiiiidsss...We wish to welcome you to Munchkin Land!!"
Yes. I have way too much time on my hands.

Anonymous said...

(sing along) "We represent the Lollypop Kids, the Lollypop Kids, the Lollypop Kids. We respresent the Lollypop Kiiiiiiiiids . . ."

They are the munchkin kids that Dorthy gets a song and greeting from when she first arrives in Oz.

And I quit looking at the obit writer when it said something about me expiring in a spa and being missed by the transsexual prostitutes. Just too much for me.

Seth Ward said...

Yeah, they could have done without the transexual hot tub thing. I was showing a student that sit today and that one came up of course. Sheesh.

Seth Ward said...

BTW, I really love The Nightmare Before Christimas. I am a sucker for Tim Burton Flicks. Sleepy Hollow was pretty Sleepy but other than that, I really dig him.

Elfman is a towering talent as well. A great cinematic team.

Susanne said...

Oh - The Lollipop Kids! I remember now. It's been SO long since I saw that movie (if it had been from one of my daughter's "Land Before Time" flicks, I'm sure I would've recognized it right away). :)

Lexie Ward said...

Ah, The Land Before Time flicks! What memories those movies hold for me. I am so very glad my kids have outgrown their love of Littlefoot and his Pals. They're on to Spongebob now, thank heavens!

Chaotic Hammer said...

Seth - Will you be putting up a new picture every day now, or are you just trying different things on for size? :-)

Yeah, Danny Elfman is pretty cool. Most people don't realize all the musical scores he has done, for both film and TV.

One of my all-time personal favorites (among many) would be Edward Scissorhands.

I also like a lot of Oingo Boingo stuff -- though not as much as my wife, who is an absolutely hardcore Oingo Boingo and Elfman fangirl.

Seth Ward said...

Ha! I was thinking about it. I have struggled with the picture thing for a while. I really get irritated at picutres in blogging but I have had people suggest that I put one up. I think I'll stick with this one for a while.

Lexie Ward said...

I like this pic better. The first one looked like you had a missing tooth.:)

Lexie Ward said...

Just in the thumbnail, though.