Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Call of the Road

We quit our Day Jobs recently. Seth and Amber are no longer employed by Williams Trace Baptist Church. It has been a great experience and we have loved every minute of serving the people and staff there, but it is time to do the thing that we are truly passionate about... full time Professional Movie Watchers. We have saved up enough money to be able to pay our rent, eat at our favorite food-joints twice a day and watch at least one Movie per evening, not including dvd rentals. To our calculations we have figured out that we can keep this up for at least 3 months. YESSSSS.

Actually, we will be going on tour soon; essentially the same thing as above profession but add on a couple of concerts, intensive practicing sessions, hundreds of driving hours and lots of prayer every week for the next few months.

We have been truly blessed by our Church and we will be continually blessed by our Church as we will still be members there. However there will be one less long-haired hippie at the piano and leading the band on Sunday Mornings. It is bitter sweet parting for us but the time is now- NO kids, (yet) and we both like Hotel Rooms. Ready to roll.

Another fun aspect of this troubadourian endeavor will be that we get to tour along with my best bud, Joey Mcfarland. If you guys haven't heard this fellow jam on the Fiddle (he has a fancy 7 string violin that goes into the Double Bass range) you are in for a treat. This chap can jam. He darn near stole the show when he toured with Jeremy Camp this last year. I am proud to say that he will be touring with a less muscular friend and his wife. It's gonna be fun as long as he doesn't accidentally throw me out of any golf carts.

Hopefully we will start our 7 minute episodes on Youtube in a few weeks. Both Joey and I are film Makers and we hope to tickle your eyeballs with some tantalizingly tasty moments from the tour. Also, I hereby promise to never say that corny sentence again. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the fun. Amber, being the only one I know who is blessed with incredible creativity and at the same time NOT plagued with Attention Deficit Disorder will need your prayers as she will be now around not only her scatter-brained Hubby, but the only person more scatter-brained than him.

I often wonder what it is like to be in the mind of someone who is further up the evolutionary chain like Amber. Well, at least I can still beat her in Ping Pong. Barely.

17 comments:

operamom said...

so freakin' glad you are doing that!!!!!!! hey, my music minister thinks you are coming in October or something, so you better call him. i talked to him tonight, and he wants to arrange it! yippeeee!!! show off time for me, i get to say that i am related to you.

operamom said...

oh, and i can't wait to hear your dynamic trio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexie Ward said...

That's what I call "seizing the day!" I'm proud of you both.

Anonymous said...

Yeah you! Be safe, don't suck, and call me everytime you're on I-35 between Dallas and Austin.

Anonymous said...

Praying for the best in this for you guys.

Susanne said...

I'm sad for us, but I'm SO happy for you guys!!! We'll look forward to hearing you and visiting with you when you visit. I pray that God will use your music to reach many, many people. Your music is so very powerful. And I'll be praying for God to give you all the strength and energy you'll need to make it through the tour. Amber - be patient with the ADD guys! :)

Mom(Mombe) said...

So happy for you both!!! God has some wonderful moments for all three of you. Amber, call me when the "ADD" syndrome thing seems to get out of hand, I'll rescue you!! I'm glad to hear you're both thinking about those KIDS later down the road!!!

Chaotic Hammer said...

I'm so bummed. I've been watching the tour schedule closely, and you guys won't be anywhere closer than about an 8 hour drive from Nashville as far as I can tell.

Any chance you'll be passing through this way, even traveling from one place to another?

I'm normally happy to be Mr. Anonymous Nobody, but now I wish I was a youth pastor or music director at a church, or whatever it would take to be somebody who could schedule you guys in for a concert.

But anyway, I'll definitely pray for you guys, for safe travels and anointed ministry.

Seth Ward said...

Thanks guys! We are looking forward to it. Getting all of our gear in in the next few days.

Kat, we will be in town for sure and maybe sooner on nov. 1st to play at Baylor Chapel. We will be sure and meet up with you and Cach then. For shizzle. You gotta bring one of those cute kids though.

Seth Ward said...

c-hammer, we may try and come to chat with a few of those label dudes here in mid-october or Nov. If we make that trek then we will def. see you then. I think we are also talking to some churches and schools in that area but just haven't nailed down the dates. The dates on the schedule were booked back months ago. We just couldn't post because we hadn't resigned our Church Job yet. sneaky.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll be up there soon.

FancyPants said...

Ping Pong, maybe. But you didn't tell them about our pool games, Seth. Beat cha four times in a row just last week. Count'em. F-O-U-R.

=-)

Well, I think I'll manage on the tour around you two. Basically, as long as you remember that I am always right, we'll all get along smashingly.

I can't wait.

Seth Ward said...

Thats true. You did beat me in Marco Pollo 4 times.

bje, I just figured out who you are. (thanks to Amber)

HHHHEEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!!!!

FancyPants said...

Seth,

Pool as in Billiards, and you know it. Marco Polo, my foot. And what is that Ice Man meets Farmers of America picture? Please take that off.

Hi Mom!!!!

FancyPants said...

Awwww, I guess that picture's pretty cute. I'm feeling bad about my Ice Man comment, even though it was all in good fun, and kind of...true.

Thanks, everyone, for all of the prayers and encouragement. They're always appreciated, but during this time of change and what feels like beginning again, they are especially coveted. Thank you.

C-Hammer, I'm thinking we might possibly drive through Nashville on the way home after the Carolinas in October. Maybe?

Kat and Cach, absolutely.

And bje, just simmer down there about those kids. All in good time, which, with each passing year, seems to be a consistent three years from now. However, Seth did mention that my "awww"-o-meter when I see a baby has greatly increased in the last few months. Uh-oh.

Chaotic Hammer said...

Seth - Yes, yes! I'm happy to hear this. Looking forward to your visit.

As you're well aware, Nashvegas is the center of the Coolness Universe. Join Us. :-)

Anonymous said...

Seth, add me to the list to notifiy when you're in Nashville. I hope the tour goes well.

Seth Ward said...

Will do it Stephen. Thanks!