Friday, May 26, 2006

Quit Messin'

Will it ever end? Can people just chill on using Christianity as your vehicle for greater riches. I think we should start getting royalties or something. Madonna, come on. I have always had this weakness for you. I have detested just about every word that has ever slithered from your mouth but somehow you always have me at the end of the day singing along with you on the radio. "Just like a prayer, I'll take you there." (I guess people in the 19th century had the same problems with Wagner.) But come on. What is this crap? It is not even offensive anymore. It is laughable. It is like some TOO weird-Weird Al Yankovich skit. It's Easy-Trix-Barbie meets 2001 Space Odyssey meets Jesus Christ Super Star. No wait a minute, that might be interesting. The sad thing about all this is that no one believes you anymore. You have out Kabbalah'd Cruise's Couch-hopping-crazy-laughing-Oprah-patti-cake Scientology blitz. (That didn't really make sense but it was fun to type and you all get my drift.)

8 comments:

Chaotic Hammer said...

So was she supposed to be making some sort of statement with that? Did she claim there was some message in what she was doing?

Or perhaps her message is "Hey, look at me, I'm an Attention Whore!"

FancyPants said...

Or maybe just, "Hey, look at me, I'm a Whore."

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Bad FancyPants.

Anonymous said...

She may as well just take a big dump on a Bible on stage. I mean, seriously, she's pushing 50. She's getting to be like everybody's fat drunk aunt who causes a scene at family reunions. And everything she does seems to scream, "I can't be bothered thinking about anyone but myself." She pretends to be concerned about children and morality and then goes out and pulls this crap. The new guy on CNN, Glen Beck, said her new album should be titled, "I hate you, your family, and your beliefs." Not far off.

Seth Ward said...

Amen and Amen.

Glen Beck!!!!! I lOVE Glen Beck. He is hilarious. I can't believe CNN picked him up. He used to have the best radio talk show ever.

Yeah it looks like Madonna is about ready for Branson.

Joey said...

I totally agree with all of you, but want to add this. She is rock royalty. Her career will never leave her in Branson. She is a legend, and I certainly wouldn't compare her to fat, but rather the best looking 50 year old ever! She's a whore, and not shy about it. What she is doing here, and usually doing is stupid on stage at least. For me she is evidence of something inspiring. She comes to NYC with thirty-dollars to become a rock star. Take a look. Well done. You or I might not like it, and right now I'm not liking it much, but that's her, not us up there. She created something most of us dream of. To achieve our goals and then some. So whole-heartedly I agree with you. But I gotta tip my hat to the living legend Madonna.

Seth Ward said...

Hey Kenny Rogers was a living legend in his hayday too but you don't see him singing "the Gambler" dangling from a sparkling cross or singing "the Coward of the County" while taking a wizz on the Good Book do ya?

No doubt she has made an impact on the world of commercial music but the point of what we are saying here is that maybe, just maybe she is washed up. Maybe she has run out of gimmics. Her public displays of verbal idiocy and her constant exhibitionism, along with her POOR run as a movie star, has placed her on the level of a real-life charachter in Spinal Tap. She might as well start her show with Stone Henge. It is that ridiculous looking.

Joey said...

We'll see then. I don't think Madonna is washed up.

From the Billboard website:

This year she was4 weeks at #1 with both Sorry and Hung Up, her new songs on her 2006 album.

I wanna be washed up like that any day!

Seth Ward said...

touche' salesman...touche'.