Monday, April 02, 2007

A Fresh Convert

I am now officially a fan of this show. I watched 4 episodes of season 2 last night and I am totally hooked. We will be renting and watching each season until we are up to date. I don't usually get hooked on shows but 24 shall take its place beside my beloved Office as the two shows that I will go out of my way to watch, even it that means rescheduling my weekly briefing with the president.

What are your all-time-top-5 favorite shows, shows that have hopelessly hooked you? As in -didn't miss an episode unless I was trapped under something heavy. (name that movie reference)

Mine:
5. Dukes of Hazzard (young lad)
4. Moonlighting
3. Night Rider
2. The Simpsons
1. The Office

8 comments:

euphrony said...

I don't really get "hooked" on shows - I can drop them at any time. Really!

I loved Moonlighting! The episode where the did Taming of the Shrew was hilarious.

Susanne said...

I loved the Taming of the Shrew episode of Moonlighting too, Euprony! I'd forgotten about that one. I'm sure I'm forgetting about some, but here are my top 5:

1) Everybody Loves Raymond
2) Medium
3) Falcon Crest (when I was in 5th grade)
4) Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (when I was a kid)
5) ER (in college)

Seth Ward said...

Yeah, I think that is still one of the best episodes of television made.

Rob said...

My geekness is showing...

5) Seven Days
4) Stargate (SG1 & Atlantis)
3) NUMB3RS
2) Alias
1) Star Trek
(TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, & ENT)

Narrow, narrow, narrow!

Seth Ward said...

Rob, I love it! A true dreamer. I LOVED DS9. Just didn't get to watch it because of work.

FancyPants said...

Moonlighting? Ha!

Did you have a crush on Cybill Shepherd?

Chaotic Hammer said...

This is hard for me, because I very rarely watch most TV series during their original run. I usually wait until they are in syndication, and you can catch an episode daily, and watch the entire series in less than 6 months (or even less, on DVD).

I guess I could list shows that I'm reasonably sure I've seen almost all episodes of...

5) Seinfeld
4) Home Improvement
3) CSI (only the original, not Miami or NY)
2) Many cartoon series (Looney Tunes, Roadrunner, Popeye, Scooby Doo, etc, etc)
1) Star Trek (TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager. They lost me with Enterprise)

I started to watch "24" during the first season, and enjoyed it a lot. But then scheduling conflicts started making me miss episodes, and I hate breaking up episode continuity, especially when it's critical like that. So I completely stopped watching and have never gone back. Maybe someday I'll start from the beginning on DVD, and follow them all in proper order.

I didn't have a DVR back then, either. The DVR has radically changed the way that we watch TV. No commercials, never miss a show.

Seth Ward said...

Love looney tunes. Forgot about that. Superfriends and Bugs were in the diet as well.