Saturday, June 23, 2007

We're Off to see the Wizard (Ben Folds)

We are hitting the trail tonight to see one of my favorite songwriters at the Cynthia Woods Pavilion... thing. Some other dude named “John Mayer” will accompany Ben. Don't know who the heck that is but I hear there will be a bunch of girls peeing themselves over some song about "wonderland."

Who cares.

It’s all about Ben baby.

We are going to Wal Mart to buy a couple of those W.T. fold-out chairs with the cup holder because we bought the cheap tickets and have to sit on the grass with the other people who will be smoking it.

Last time I was at the Pavilion I saw a concert with a slew of CCM artists, all of whom took the stage and prayed for 5 minutes before singing. By the time we hit the last singer, the audience was pretty much fake-praying. I guess they hadn't realized that the 5 singers before had opened with a big ole prayer.

A little public prayer goes a long way in my opinion.

Just for that comment, I’ll probably get in a fistfight tonight or something and wish that Ben had opened with prayer. However, I could use a good brawl, being summertime and all.

No comments: