Monday, September 04, 2006

WHAT???!! THE CROC HUNTER???!!

The last guy I would expect to killed in the wild. We have all seen him divert ginormous croc after ginormous croc yelling "Crimy! That was a close one!" I saw the news on Yahoo last night and almost thought it was a joke. Sadly it was not and the man we all know as the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin has been killed by a Stingray of all things, shooting a documentary on dangerous sea creatures. It is very rare to be killed by a Stingray. Somehow the stingray was able to stab Steve through the rib-cage right into the heart with the barb on its tail.

Prayers go out to the Family and friends of this pop culture icon, passionate conservationist, and from all accounts a faithful loving husband and devoted father. When you watched him you felt like you knew him. Such a lovable guy. I can only imagine what he was like to the people who actually knew him.

There are a few people that I always imagine as being invincible. He was one of them. It is another testament of how short and how fragile life is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just hope the late night idiots can keep from making jokes about this. The guy leaves behind a wife and two small kids. And everybody loved him. I know I'll miss him.

Lexie Ward said...

It just reminds me of how powerful nature can be, even to those of us who are most familiar with it. Irwin was my husband's age. It makes me so sad.

Seth Ward said...

It makes me so sad as well. I loved this guy. I have been in shock all day. He had this fail-safe thing about him. If you were flipping through the chanels and you saw him, you left it on that chanel and watched. You just had to. At least for a bit. What a great talent. Truly unique. He was someone that everyone loved and could relate to in some way.

Susanne said...

So sad. Have any of you guys seen The Wiggles movie that he was in? My little girl loves to watch it. His wife and daughter are in the movie too. He'll be missed by so many people.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "Crikey!" Very sad, for his friends and family.

Seth Ward said...

I am REALLY sad about this. I just can't get over this one. Just so full of life and passion. And how he died... The guy wrestled alligators and crocs. I've seen him jump out of moving boats right on to the back of a living breathing 6 foot croc, then wrestle it to the shore. Things you see Tarzan do to a fake rubber croc.

A Stingray...The Cocker Spaniel of the Ocean.