Wednesday, September 06, 2006

This just in: The new Dr. Pepper is YUMMY

You take a sip. Your eyes widen.

"Not to fast oh internal-soda-rating-system. Every first drink of a soda hits the spot” But then you take another.

"Wait a second. Something is amuck. This tastes BETTER than the first drink. I don't smoked marijuana so I know that it isn't some psychotropic experience causing the heightened taste bud tickling."

Suddenly I am transported. It is as if my tongue and taste buds are a Sheik seated in a lavished tent in the Sahara. There are servants, belly dancers, a British Prime Minister of some sorts and Obi Wan Kenobi. They are all gathered in a royal feast in honor of my tongue and taste buds. The main course... THE NEW DR. PEPPER.

The Tongue shaped Sheik leans over and asks the Wise Obi Wan how the Dr. Pepper got so tasty. Obi Wan turns to the Sheik and says. "You don't NEEEEEED to know what makes it so tasty."

"The reason oh wise Sheik...," said the British Prime Minister now wearing African Safari accoutrement and looking a little like the Banana Republic Guy.

"...is the real Sugar.” he said arrogantly but pleasant. Only the British can achieve this kind of conversational tone.

The Sheik tongue stood up dramatically, raised his sugar-sweetened cup and said.

IMSHEE INDIE! IMSHEE!!!

The sheiks golden garbed wife stands up and dances while singing,

"My happiness is a Golden Pond...."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I just wet myself.

Anonymous said...

I honestly do not know what to say. Nope, nothing.

Chaotic Hammer said...

I don't get it.

Is there really a new Dr. Pepper? It sounds like you're describing the Dublin DP, with the sugar instead of the corn syrup stuff.

But that's not new. So... uh, where is this new Dr. Pepper?

(It's been a long day and week for me. Maybe the "Seth Subtlety" is flying a little under my radar or something...?)

Seth Ward said...

Hey, can't a man be obscure and weird from time to time? HA! IMSHEE! (a little Indiana Jones talk there)

No, I should have named the blog "the OLD new Dr. Pepper is YUMMY" If you go to the Kroger or your local grocery store, find the refrigerated section and there you will find a plastic bottle that says "sweetened with imperial cane sugar" So yes it is like the Dublin Dr. Pepper.

Pray for us. I pulled somthing in my rib last night lifting speakers and I woke up this morning thinking I was having a heart attack. The exrays came back today and it is just an enflamed rib or something. Amber is suffering from some KILLER shin-splints because she has been choreographing an entire texas-style highschool pops show...in a week. 8 songs, teaching intense choreography from scratch.

I have to go get steroids tonight for the pain in the ribs. I think the old devil is trying to take a few last minute pot shots at us before we leave.

Anywho, just dial one up for us if you get the chance.

Reijn of the Elfin Muse said...

wow!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I prayed for you guys, but it was really hard not to laugh picturing you while praying. Can you please have someone take a picture of the two of you lying around all broken and miserable? That'd be awesome. And at least one picture of you with 'roid rage?

Seth Ward said...

We walked out to the car today, both aching. As we were putting the guitars in the back seat, a bird pooped right on Amber's hand. I was trying not to laugh because my rib hurt too bad but then I heard her say to herself as I was getting something out of the other car "it was all hot...right out of its ASS." then I just lost it. Too darn funny.