Tuesday, September 05, 2006

For my Bloggers

For your listening pleasure and just for the heck of it, I have a spare Myspace that will be known only to you, the readers, and friends and family. On it I will be posting various musical endeavors that are in progress or that are past projects. I will also post demo versions of songs that are going on the next album. You can download these demos and anything else that is posted there for free... as long as you don't use it as background music for the taping of a Jewish circumcision ceremony.

Posted right now are two art songs that were performed last year at the Shepherd School of music on Paul Busselberg's Doctoral Recital. He is pretty amazing. At the piano is your blogging buddy Seth.

Just a little warning. The music is pretty artsy fartsy so I won't feel toooo bad if you get bored this round. The songs are e. e. cummings poems set to music I wrote last year. Enjoy!

Just in case the link doesn't work it is www.myspace.com/sethwardmusic

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

the piano's great

Anonymous said...

Nice. I like it.

Anonymous said...

It's sweet, but I can't seem to download it. Am I an idiot or is anyone else having problems?

Chaotic Hammer said...

It's not the type of music I normally listen to, but I like it.

I'm particularly looking forward to hearing demos of upcoming new music. Very cool.

Cach - Wow, that's a loaded question. Are those the only options? 'Cuz I don't consider you an idiot. But I didn't have any problem downloading the songs. :-)

Seth Ward said...

Thanks guys. It was fun to get to show a part of that world to people outside of it.

Cach, I don't know why it won't download. Maybe you just need to come to the light and BUY A MAC. Come on brother. It is the future.

I went to the site and it downloaded fine. Then my mac asked me how my day was going and told me to take it easy and not be too stressed.

Hey Brody. Welcome. Did you do that pic by hand? I like your blog. Will link to it tonight.

Susanne said...

When I go to the site, I don't see anything to download...I'll keep trying! Maybe it's something about my firewall settings??

Chaotic Hammer said...

Susanne - Does the MySpace music player say "Connecting..." when you go to the page, but never goes further than that?

That's what I'm seeing right now, and that's a result of the fact that MySpace sucks. Well, more to the point, the MySpace music player thing has been down most of the time for the past few weeks, I guess they are working on it or something. It seems that some part of MySpace is always down.

Anonymous said...

Seth, very nice. I enjoyed listening to those.

Did you write those for a class, or specifically for Paul Busselberg? That's cool you have an outlet for writing that type of music.

Seth Ward said...

Hey Stephen. Actually, both. It was for his Doctoral Recital and also Mine. For the DMA we have to write a full hour of varied music. He was doing a lecture Recital on new music. It was really cool to be able to write for him and get it performed in such a great hall.

Thanks for the encouragement. It has been a true blessing to go to schools where the students are extremely talented and they are enthusiastic about your music.

Are you in school or out?

Anonymous said...

Seth, I've done things a little differently. I audited music classes at a university near my house during 11th and 12th grades in h.s., and then was a piano major there for 1 year (2000-2001). After that I spent about 16 months in Argentina at a Bible institute, and since then have studied some through correspondence courses and just reading and studying a lot on my own.

One of the main disadvantages of doing things this way is that I haven't really had the chance to write 'art music' where I know it will be performed.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing more of your music.