Monday, September 11, 2006

"Bring Out Yer Dead!"

"I'm not dead" (name that movie) We just finished a concert/chapel at ETBU. It was fantabulous. I think that the Chapel kids were surprised that they actually had a good time. A couple of times I think they looked at the hands clapping in front of them and thought "are my hands clapping???" "Isn't this CHAPEL???" It was kind of like that scene in "Dr. Strangelove" when Peter Sellers... well, you just have to see the movie to understand that connection. Too weird to describe. Anywho...

Thus is the plight of the cheerful, captive chapel goer. I always sympathize.

Thanks to guys that stayed after to help strike the set. It was a huge help considering I blew my rib the other night lifting a box that had been secretly loaded with uranium, hard water, gold bullion, the compressed remains of a horse named "Big Barnabas." The thing was just a bit heavier than I expected. Such a innocent looking little box.

So 15 exrays and one sleepless night later (I thought I was literally having a heart-attack)I am directing like a pro, young strapping college students, where in the Uhaul to slide the speakers.

The videos are coming soon. We have to buy a new battery pack for the XL. 100 smackers for that little battery pack. I guess the battery's inner coil is coated with mithril or whas blessed by Ghandi or something. They sure are proud of it.

The tour has been a total blast so far. So many kind and gracious people. One thing that has been interesting to me... Well I think I'll save that one for the next blog.

(Joey snapped this shot while doing a sound check. Amber is was getting the merch. table ready and changing. More pics to come along the way!)

9 comments:

Chaotic Hammer said...

name that movie

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Reijn of the Elfin Muse said...

The classic...Monty Python!

I am so happy that you guys are having a wonderful time! BLESSES!

Anonymous said...

First off- Monty Python

You guys were great today, loved the originality and flavor.

Monty Python, Dr. Strangelove, you have great taste in movies man!

Tyler Moore
Marshall, TX

Anonymous said...

I *heart* chapel...

Seth Ward said...

Hey Tyler! I love film in general. Those are a couple of greats. I came very close to going to film school instead of Rice for a DMA. I would have been another 100 k in the hole if I would have.

Thanks for the encouragement. Have a great year in school.

Anonymous said...

Watch out for moose on the road - they have a nasty bit (just ask my sister)! And keep your eye out for anyone trying to sack you.

The Fal said...

Hey Seth and Amber. I am just now trying to read all the blogs I have missed b/c of moving. I am so glad you all have decided and have the opportunity to tour! I had no idea and feel like I have been living under a rock called NY. I can't believe y'all are going to be in IN now that I live in NY...well, I guess that means y'all need to find your way to NY and perform. Oh, isn't that a pity. :) Good luck and stay safe throughout your travels/adventures.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have a bunch of cool stuff on stage with you. You coming to Nashville?

Seth Ward said...

Not in the next month or so. Maybe in a few.