Saturday, April 15, 2006

Super Target And the Aisle of Joy

OK, I have to admit something. Lately, I have been really digging Super Target. I'm not Brokeback Mountain diggin' it, but boooyyy do they have some kind of Jelly Belly selection. As you round the corners of endless cool purses, sunglasses, women looking for carts that somehow were taken by other women while they were not looking, aisles and aisles of women glancing over the shoulder of other women to see if they found something cute that maybe they missed when they passed by that section of frilly skirts, then you see it... The monument of Joy, the Jelly Belly selection from Heaven. It keeps me occupied while my wife tries on a billion combinations of clothing. There is something pleasant about the people who shop at the Super Target. Unlike the people who shop at the Super Wal-mart, the Target shoppers are a little more cheerful. Maybe it is all the red and pink. Or maybe the husband will actually come with the wife and not complain endlessly while he is there because of the Monument of Joy described earlier. Or maybe... It is because everyone there feels one step up on the economic scale. Rich people LOVE Target, but so do poor people. So there you have it, a perfect place where the Rich and Poor can come, buy clothes, be around each other and not think that one is better than the other.Even the workers are a bit nicer (except for that lady monitoring the ladies dressing room). No, everyone is on level playing field at Target. They are there because they have something in common. They like Target, the sense of level playing field, community, and the quality things you can get there. Man, I sure wish the church was more like Super Target...Well maybe the nice to each other part. I really don't want to see a bunch of leopard print size D bras on my way to Sunday School.

BTW, these pictures were taken with my RAZR Phone. If you want to know I feel about this phone then scroll down and behold. (That pretty girl in the cool hat is my HOT wife.) (The little boy hiding... well i just thought he was pretty darn cute.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh... Super Target. The only true level playing field in America. I wish church was more like Super Target as well. No caveats. I already see giant leopard print bras on the way to Sunday School.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
FancyPants said...

I LOVE SUPER TARGET!!!!!!!! Congratulations on becoming part of the club, Seth. It is glorious, the way Super Target makes one feel. Like the whole world is at your hands. Like you are king, (or queen), of the universe, with every nice and neat selection possibly imaginable in front of you. At such a cheaper price than KROGER! So there, Kroger, go take your Kroger card and stick it where the....Oh, I get so carried away...

FancyPants said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seth Ward said...

Ah yes, fancy, another woman of the red swirl cult. Welcome, Welcome.

Cach, HA. you must go to UBC.

Anonymous said...

I said bras, not panties.

Anonymous said...

Kidding, KIDDING! I'm kidding! I love UBC! They meet in my theatre. I love them! KIDDING!