Thursday, February 08, 2007

Top 5 Worst Parable Starters...

We've all come up with a few doosies. We've certainly heard a few doosies. Max Lucado moments. Pastel parables. Kinkade Christ-filled encounters... Sometimes those stories, actually most these stories just don't work with me. Can't connect. There are people that are good at telling these little precious moments but most, I'm afraid are bad or just so smothered in cheese I need to drink a glass of metamucil after I read them. So I've decided to come up with the "top five worst ways to start your Christian Allegory." Feel free to add your own.

5. So last year, I had my very first barium enema...

4. I remember the time I opened the door to my grandma and grandpa's bedroom late one night...

3. Next week my wife and I are going to have this particular "rash" checked out...

2. I was brushing my teeth after vomiting the other night and... (This one is Amber's)

1. So... you just have to imagine the scenereo... There I was, in a leapord thong, swatting these blood-thirsty mesquitos...

No comments: