Friday, November 24, 2006

Spades

Nothing like a plate of Chocolate Chip Cookies, a big fat glass of Milk, and a heated game of Spades to top off the Thanksgiving Holiday.

We drove another 7 hours today from Springfield to Dallas. I love to drive. There is no better time to contemplate the state of your whole being than when you are flying over the plains. I also got caught up on some easy-listening. I usually try to listen to something new everyday. I made that a habit about 8 years ago. I didn't today. I listened to only some of my favorite things:

Radiohead -OK Computer, Elliot Smith, Handel's Messiah, (John Elliot Gardiner and the Monteverdi Choir if anyone is interested in the BEST recording of that EVER.) Bach's Magnificat, Bach's Goldberg Variations played by Glen Gould, Sufjan Stevens, Cash, and Bjork. Although I wouldn't qualify Bjork as a favorite, I just get in the mood sometimes.

Starting next week I will be once again immersing myself in my LEAST favorite musical era, Medieval and Renaissance. They all start to jumble together and give me a headache after a while. There are really two composers from that period that I really like, Josquin and Monteverdi. Palestrina even kinda bores me.

Nerd-alert. Nerd-alert.

Off to watch a movie and chow on more things that are horrible for my already growing, Grimace-esque figure.

Favorite Holiday movie- Go.

8 comments:

Shaun Groves said...

Christmas Vacation

Anonymous said...

Holiday Inn

My in-laws are Spoons freaks. If you play Spoons with then, you will loose blood and require first aid. They have, on multiple occassions, broken a table while playing Spoons. But it's fun!

FancyPants said...

Muppet's Christmas Carol

Chaotic Hammer said...

It's a Wonderful Life

Seth Ward said...

I love the part in Christmas Vacation with the cat.

Muppet's Christmas Carol "COME IN AND KNOW ME BETTER MAN!!"

I have yet to watch It's a wonderful Life and NOT tear-up.

Holiday Inn I have not seen. I'll put that on my list.

Anonymous said...

I have to go with "It's a Wonderful Life" also.

Anonymous said...

A Christmas Story

Anonymous said...

Holiday Inn was actually the first introduction of the song White Christmas. Good movie. You can't help but love It's a Wonderful Life.