Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sing Along with Logan (Amazing Grace)



I had to share this video with you guys. I just can't help but be reminded when I watch this father/son duo here, that this is how our lives play out when we submit to our father's will. I have been in several (friendly) predestination conversations lately with a few of my Clavinist buddies and I it seems like I have drafted and verbalized a thousand different ways to describe God's sovereign will and our choice but this little video kind of sums it up for me. There is a delicate and marvelous balance in our existence of God ordaining our days and us strumming along. I can only hope to have this kind of innocence, trust and wonder as things unfold from day to day.

Thanks for the helping me understand one of our faith's great mysteries and for setting a great example Logan!

Jesus said to them, "Yes. Did you never read,'Out of the mouth of babes and nursing babies you have perfected praise?'"

8 comments:

Chaotic Hammer said...

Seth - Cool video. I agree with you -- sure, we all want to wrap our minds around the complexities of doctrine, and understand everything perfectly. But while it's okay to speculate about things academically, there's nothing quite as nice as simply knowing and experiencing the Lord's love, grace, and kindness in a personal way.

(Sorry, also have a way off topic question) Did you guys get my e-mail? It's okay if you did and just didn't get a chance to reply. But I just want to make sure that the answer isn't "E-mail? What e-mail?"

Seth Ward said...

No we didn't acutally. Did you send it through our website? Thanks for mentioning!

Chaotic Hammer said...

Seth - Yes, I sent it to the address on your website, fivecentstand@gmail.com, from my Hotmail account.

Maybe it got filtered out as spam?

Do you have a different address? Or maybe I should re-send it again? I'll go ahead and try that...

Chaotic Hammer said...

Okay, I just sent it again. Let me know if you still don't get it. Thanks.

Seth Ward said...

OHHHH!!!! just checked that,

will email you back after we take a walk in the only time of the day in which you do not spontaneously burst into flames...

Susanne said...

Logan is a precious little boy! He was in my VBS class. That's a great video of him. I definitely feel like I'm just "strumming along" so much of the time, and it's great knowing that God is making the chords. Thanks for the reminder!

operamom said...

that kid has amazing rhythm! oh, and that is also a pretty profound truth. i like to think of myself as just sitting on God's lap and strummin' some chords.

Seth Ward said...

Yes sometimes complex concepts are really very simple to get but infinitely harder the further you dig. I like how C.S. Lewis describes it. He talks about looking at a table and realizing what it is and how THAT is pretty simple and basic; "oh that's a table". What is actually happening however is something fantastically complex. Light refracting off the tighly packed atoms of the table hiting our eyes etc etc.

I am always grateful when God makes these difficult concepts a bit more clear.