Monday, July 10, 2006

Moon Day

I am having one of those days. You know the ones. Staring into space. Wondering what to do, somewhere between sleepiness and restlessness. Not caring if your sentences are fragments. Liking fragments. More fragments. Necessary.

It is kind of an all-around numbness yet you are acutely aware of your numbness so it isn't depression. You sadly feel too optimistic for depression.

I think it just may be... Mondays. Let's face it, there really is something unique to the mood of Monday. The word Monday itself has the least exciting etymology of all the days. All the other Days are named after cool Norse gods and such but Monday, it's just named after the good ole' moon. Not that I don't admire the moon and it's unique light but it might as well be...Airday. Winday. Dirtday. Poopday. There has got to be something we can do with this Monday business right? Like... There should be some kind of good news that everyone gets on Monday that makes them forget that it is Monday!!! For instance,


"Dear Seth,

We are pleased to inform you that you have won a trip to Middle Earth (New Zealand) to walk the path of Frodo and Sam and scale Mount Doom to where One Ring was forged. You will be accompanied by none other than the real life Gandalf. Bring your pipe and plenty of pipe-weed. Also, God has decided that he will be allowing you to DEFY GRAVITY today. That's right my friend, you can fly your way to New Zealand if you like. Also, did we mention that the world of Star Wars is real and in your right front drawer there is a light-saber with your name inscribed on the bottom dilithium-titanium plate?

Last but not least, you are allowed to eat anything you want today and barely get full so you can eat more and more of all that food that would normally make you as fat as a happy Bison. In fact, what the heck, it's Monday... The more you eat the skinnier and more fit you get.



Enjoy your Monday you lucky, lucky Man.

Sincerely,

The Intergalactic Department for Better Mondays"


So back to reality. Now that I have indulged in a fantasy that included half the deadliest sins, what do you do to spice up your Mondays? Any suggestions?

Anyone cracked that Telekinesis thing lately?

One last indulgence- (makes me want to be a Medieval Catholic)

If you had your choice between:

1. Using the Force for a day
2. Flying
3. Spending a Day in Middle Earth fighting evil
4. Spend the entire day riding Roller Coasters while eating endless Chick fil A sandwiches and Drinking Sweet Tea.
5. Indiana Jones and Star Wars Marathon
6. Halo Marathon while eating Powdered Doughnuts and Drinking Chocolate Milk

Which would you choose?

P.S. Yes, I am this big of a Nerd.

8 comments:

Seth Ward said...

BTW, I just asked one of my 12 year old piano students this and He chose using the force for the day.

Hands down winner.

FancyPants said...

ooh, mine's a tie between 1 and 2. Using the force for a day would ROCK. But...I have dreamt of flying since I could dream. So, I'm gonna have to go with 2 - FLYING.

Oh, I wish I wish I wish I wish.

Joey said...

No competition. FLYING! Although if I could use the force to move objects why can't I move me. Maybe the force, if I could slightly hack it, would be the best!

Anonymous said...

In the dream world: the Force.

Actually possible and great: donuts and Halo.

My Monday licked as well. Ugh. I wish Tuesday were spicier. I'm gonna work on that.

Ugh.

Susanne said...

My daughter and I spice up Mondays by dancing to the Rescue Pack song from the Diego cartoon (Dora's cousin for those of you who aren't frequent Nickelodeon viewers). Pretty exciting stuff.

As for your survey, I'd have to choose using the force for a day! That would be so cool. Putting up toys, laundry, etc. would be so much more fun. Do you think I could use the force to pick up children? I could take time-outs to a new level!

Chaotic Hammer said...

Yeah, like many of the others here, it's Flying for me, too.

Like Amber, I have often dreamed of flying -- meaning, at night while sleeping, I literally dream that I can fly. I've even had lucid dreams, where I realized in the middle of it "Hey, this is a dream and I'm really asleep, and hey, I can fly!".

What's strange is that in my dreams, I feel like I know how to fly. I know what internal power to call on to fly.

And I wonder: If we're able to fly when we get our new bodies after the resurrection, will I find that I really did know how to fly? Dude.

FancyPants said...

In my flying dreams I always know what powers to call on as well. The worst dreams are when, at the end of the dream, I have landed somewhere and then need to take off again. And I can't! It's gone! It's incredibly sad. I wake up completely bummed.

I really hope we get to fly in heaven. I think that's why, even though Superman Returns got pretty bad reviews, I liked it enough to see it TWICE in the theaters and will own it when it comes out. Everytime Superman flies (even if he's not Christopher Reeves, which also bums me.) I get this excited feeling in my stomach.

And Joey, yes, I think that you could hack the force a bit to cause yourself to fly. Cool.

Seth Ward said...

After much contemplation, I think I would have to go with the force as well. I am with Joey on the Hacking-into-the-force bit. Why not? I mean if little yoda can lift a big honkin' ship out of a swamp, then surely with a little force-flying-practice you could be soaring like superman in no time. However it would require alot of concentration. Hmmm. Meditate more on this, I will, yesss.

C-Hammer, I have had the exact dream. In my dream I was trying to explain how easy it was to everyone. "You just kick off and compress your inner atoms to blah blah blah more nonsense that made perfect sense in the dream..."

I may be off the wall here but I am pretty sure that the powers we were meant to have as Adam had would probably blow our mind. If it was anything like what Jesus had as the new Adam then..geeze we are in for a fun time.