Sunday, June 11, 2006

Every Man Should Have a Kramer or George Friend

My friend Joey is George and Kramer wrapped into one. It is now 11:43 and I will be traveling very soon back to the Church because the man is a loon tune in a flesh-suit. He has trapped himself between two alarm protected parts of our Church. He was safely working in my office on a film project and remembered that he had forgotten his phone in the sanctuary. He stepped out the door of the offices and into the hallway to be greeted by the most massive terrifying sounding alarm created by man. He then frantically ran to the alarm disarming pad and forgot to prop open the place that holds the keys to his car. So he is without his cell-phone AND his car-keys. This will be the 4th time he has had an alarm crisis at our Church in 6 months. Other times include him calling me at 2:00 a.m. frantically screaming into the phone over the alarm, asking what the code is because he can't remember, because he is too frantic. Then there was the time when he had a warrant out for his arrest for an unpaid ticket. The police came, and as the police arrived at the doors my friend disappeared into the nursery. As I was conversing with the police officer showing her my I.D., I hear in the distance outside the church a mortorcycle starting, then vroom off quickly into oblivion.

So, I am off. Off to help unlock a door for Kramer so he can get his overpriced incredibly huge A.I. phone out of the sanctuary. But not before I sneak in a quick blog. If you would like to read another interesting story about this friend, go back into the archives here and read the "near death on the 12th hole" blog.

I needed to pick up some milk and coffee anyway.

8 comments:

FancyPants said...

The Nursery Escape.

Sounds like bad Nancy Drew fiction.

Chaotic Hammer said...

Haha! The Hipster Doofus.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome... ducking through the church nursery on your way to your motorcycle to get away from the cops. Priceless.

Reijn of the Elfin Muse said...

*sighs* why am i not surprised that he was able to get himself in that predicament AGAIN! You should tie his phone and keys to his body and tatoo the church alarm key number onto his arm.

but i will say this...it is quite funny...and ironic. I agree with Kat, you are a faithful friend to be bailing Joey out all the time...especially at church of all places.

Lexie Ward said...

Congratulations. You've just experienced what it's like to be the parent of a teenager.

Seth Ward said...

Kat, He is absurdly hilarious. He is also absurdly gifted.

Reijn, a tatoo would be good. but he would probably tatoo it somewhere he can't see it.

Campfire, yeah especially a creative teen.

operamom said...

this is truly hilareous.

Anonymous said...

Joey cracks me up, what a great guy. You can't help but love him :)
~Liz