Sunday, April 05, 2009

Goin' All Emmerson

I can't handle the news lately. It is just too depressing. Every time I turn it on I feel like I have just tossed my good spirits into a pond of starving piranhas. It takes me all of five minutes to want to start stockpiling cash, weapons and water.

I'm sorry, but I get weirded out when our President asks the CEO of GM to resign... and HE DOES IT. I know a couple countries where that could happen. Cuba, for one. I get a little weirded out when our president can put a cap on how much people at banks can make. I know another country where the government can do that... North Korea.

So, I turn the tube off. It does me no good. And there are better things in life than the news.

Anyways, they are filming a motion picture at our church this Monday and Tuesday. I have an opportunity to meet the A-listers but I think I might chicken out. What do you think? I'm pretty sure I'd just make a total nincompoop of myself.

They were there last week and I went down to grab a bite from the catered set in our church basement. I waited till I was sure that all the A-listers had left the building and everyone was done eating. At first it all seemed that I would make my way through the line unnoticed as everyone was now seated and eating.

And man, what food! Lordy, these movie people eat like KINGS. Thus the lingering and stacking... thus the lingering too long and stacking too much. I took my sweet time so as to not have to come back, and in doing so, I lingered too long.

As I loaded up a little plate of gourmet desert on top of my big plate of salmon something-or-other, a man started talking behind me to the seated and eating crowd of actors with a very loud voice. That wouldn't have been so bad had he not been talking directly behind me, causing everyone to look at ME and not him. And it wouldn't have been so bad had he not been the DIRECTOR. And it wouldn't have been so bad had I not decided to stick that roll in my mouth because I had no room for it on my 4 plates. By the time I was fully noticed by everyone but the DIRECTOR, I looked like the main event at a food Cirque du Soleil event. I prayed to the good Lord that I wouldn't drop anything and chewed at my roll as I left the room.

No comments: