Thursday, July 02, 2009

The News from My Couch

It's been raining a bunch up here. Oh great, one of thoooooose posts. Too bad. Its the weather or nothing.

I don't mind rain I suppose. I'd prefer it to the 1000 degrees cooking everyone else I know. But a little sunshine never hurt nobody. Except when you fall asleep in it... naked.

This will be our first 4th of July in NYC and I'm looking forward to it. This time last year I was dodging Mullet-deer, fighting off man-sized moths, and listening to the sweet sounds of decapitated copperheads while I played Merry Old Land of OZ.

Hopefully this year will be a little less prehistoric. Although, I wouldn't trade last summer's adventures for all the money under my couch cushion. I have been keeping up with Jenny Wiley's theater production this summer and it really looks and sounds incredible! Good people down there in that town. Probably the nicest people I've ever met.

Oh, this past week my dad retired from the pastorate after 40 years of pastoring churches. It has been a looooong and fun ride. What a guy.

4 comments:

Chaotic Hammer said...

Sorry to hear about all the rain there. But actually, it hasn't been 1000 degrees here. It's been a very pleasant 80-something with low humidity for quite a stretch. Really beautiful.

It's probably saving up the heat, humidity, and severe thunderstorms for the imminent arrival of the Cachinnator family.

Yeah, we enjoyed our time in eastern Kentucky last summer too! Very restful, very different pace of life.

So what does a retired pastor do?

Seth Ward said...

Well... he doesn't go out to pastor....

waca waca.

He's got a bunch of writing lined up. He'll probably be busier than he ever has been.

Baca's Head said...

you sucker! Wow! I didn't know your dad was retiring!

Wow tell him I said congrats... and hope he's got a lot of cigars lined up as well as writing. :)

Seth Ward said...

I will!!! Actually, he's giving up his chewing cigar habit. At least he SAYS he is. We'll see.

He retired last week. This sunday will be his first sunday not pastoring a church in 36 years. I'm sure it will be an adjustment for the guy so say a prayer for him-